When an injury happens at work, it can be devastating. We’re here to help. Attorney Shawn Nichols is an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer and can assist you in all phases of your claim from dealing with the workers’ compensation insurance carrier, to a hearing before a New Hampshire Department of Labor Hearing Officer or the New Hampshire Department of Labor Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, to presenting your case, if need be, before the New Hampshire Supreme Court. We will help guide you through the complex web of administrative rules, statutes, and case law to protect your interests.
We handle all aspects of the workers’ compensation claim, including:
- Establishing causation (proving you have a work injury)
- Wage benefits – entitlement and calculation
- Medical bills
- Mileage and prescription reimbursement
- Permanent partial impairment (PPI)
- Lump sum settlements
- Communication with workers’ compensation insurance companies and/or their lawyers
- Hearings and appeals
No fee is charged unless we obtain benefits for you and there are even certain circumstances, such as disputes involving payment of medical bills or appeal settings, where we may be able to charge the workers’ compensation insurance carrier our costs of assisting you.